Ab9 (G#9) Ukulele Chord (Position #2) - D-Tuning
Played '9869' in d-tuning - D-Tuning (ADF#B).
View this chord in: Standard Tuning (GCEA)G-Tuning (DGBE)Slack-Key Tuning (GCEG)
Don't know how to read a chord? Read this
- Type : Extended (dominant ninth)
- Intervals : Ab (T), C (3M), Eb (5J), Gb (7m), Bb (9M), We ignored 1 less important note(s) to be able to form the chord.
- Formula : 1 3 5 b7 9
- Alternative notation : 9 8 6 9
- Tuning : D-Tuning (ADF#B)
Alternative Ab9 (G#9) positions
We have 3 other positions for this uke chord.
- Same Fingering (27): Dbadd9, Eb, Ebadd9, E, Eadd9, Fadd9, Gbadd9, Cadd9, Eb9, Eb9, E9, Em9, F9, Fm9, Gb9, Bbm9, G9, A9, C/Eb, Db/Eb, Csus2/E, Gsus4/E, Cm/E, Dbsus2/F, Absus4/F, Ebsus2/G, Bbsus4/G,
Scales related to this chord
Selection of famous scales you can play on a Ab9 chord to improvise great solos on your Uke.
- Scales that fit: Db Major, Db Melodic minor, Eb Melodic minor, Bb Natural minor, Gb Overtone, Ab Overtone, C Altered, D Altered, C Super locrian, D Super locrian, Db Hawaiian, Eb Hawaiian,
Got questions? Want to share a tip or simply talk uke? Join the conversation!