A9 Ukulele Chord
Played '2132' on the soprano - Standard Tuning (GCEA).
View this chord in: G-Tuning (DGBE)D-Tuning (ADF#B)Slack-Key Tuning (GCEG)
Don't know how to read a chord? Read this
A9 Chord details
- Type : Extended (dominant ninth)
- Intervals : A (T), Db (3M), E (5J), G (7m), B (9M), We ignored 1 less important note(s) to be able to form the chord.
- Formula : 1 3 5 b7 9
- Alternative notation : 2 1 3 2
- Tuning : Standard Tuning (GCEA)
Alternative A9 positions
We have 4 other positions for this uke chord.
- Same Fingering (21): C9, Cm9, Dbm9, D9, Dm9, Eb9, E9, F9, Fm9, Gb9, Gbm9, Bb9, Bbm9, B9, Bm9, Bmaj9, Cmaj9, Dbmaj9, Ebmaj9, Emaj9, Bbmaj9,
Scales related to this chord
Selection of famous scales you can play on a A9 chord to improvise great solos on your Uke.
- Scales that fit: D Major, D Melodic minor, E Melodic minor, B Natural minor, A Overtone, G Overtone, Db Altered, Eb Altered, Db Super locrian, Eb Super locrian, D Hawaiian, E Hawaiian,
Create your own A9 ukulele chord pattern using the notes of the A9 arpeggio / intervals on the fretboard :
Got questions? Want to share a tip or simply talk uke? Join the conversation!