E9 Ukulele Chord
Played '7647' on the soprano - Standard Tuning (GCEA).
View this chord in: G-Tuning (DGBE)D-Tuning (ADF#B)Slack-Key Tuning (GCEG)
Don't know how to read a chord? Read this
E9 Chord details
- Type : Extended (dominant ninth)
- Intervals : E (T), Ab (3M), B (5J), D (7m), Gb (9M), We ignored 1 less important note(s) to be able to form the chord.
- Formula : 1 3 5 b7 9
- Alternative notation : 7 6 4 7
- Tuning : Standard Tuning (GCEA)
Alternative E9 positions
We have 3 other positions for this uke chord.
- Same Fingering (27): Badd9, Db, Dbadd9, D, Dadd9, Ebadd9, Eadd9, Bbadd9, Db9, Db9, D9, Dm9, Eb9, Ebm9, Gb9, Abm9, F9, G9, Bb/Db, B/Db, Bbsus2/D, Fsus4/D, Bbm/D, Bsus2/Eb, Gbsus4/Eb, Dbsus2/F, Absus4/F,
Scales related to this chord
Selection of famous scales you can play on a E9 chord to improvise great solos on your Uke.
- Scales that fit: A Major, A Melodic minor, B Melodic minor, Gb Natural minor, D Overtone, E Overtone, Bb Altered, Ab Altered, Bb Super locrian, Ab Super locrian, A Hawaiian, B Hawaiian,
Create your own E9 ukulele chord pattern using the notes of the E9 arpeggio / intervals on the fretboard :
Got questions? Want to share a tip or simply talk uke? Join the conversation!